Southwest Florida Permaculture Guild Permablitz Information
A permablitz is a means for our guild to come together as a community to assist someone with a specific project. That may be anything from digging a pond to helping install a Food Forest. The idea is for as many people as possible to converge on a location to get a LOT done in a very short time.
Various rules and information:
1. If you volunteer at a permablitz and work for at least two hours, then you get one entry into the, "hat". If your name is pulled, you then can have a permablitz at your location at a date/time of your choosing.
2. You continue to get entries into the hat for each permablitz you attend at work 2+ hours at. When your name is pulled, just that entry is removed from the hat. Other entries continue to stay in the hat.
3. If you get 10 entries into the hat without your name being pulled, you automatically get a permablitz at your location at a date/time of your choosing.
4. What will be done during the permablitz should be carefully laid out and explained so that the work can be performed very efficiently. If you need help with the logistics, please ask.
5. On the day of the permablitz, the person(s) hosting the permablitz should make plenty of water and organic snacks available.
6. Permablitzes should be scheduled at least 10 days out so people can plan their schedules accordingly but you can do shorter duration if necessary.
7. All permablitzes will be announced on this forum and via Meetup.com